10.21.2011

6 Months

Oh. My. Goodness.
6 months. I can't believe it.

If you truly want to grasp the concept of how time flies, have a baby. Oh sure, there are days that feel like they will neeeever end. But sitting here, writing this 6 month update felt like YEARS away. I can't imagine how the next 6 months will fly by...

I am going to wait until next month for official height/weight stats, seeing as her 6 month checkup isn't until a few days before she turns 7 months. But I will say that C. tried for another "unofficial" weight, and he said she weighed 20 lbs. Say WHAT?!? I know 1 year olds that don't even weigh 20 lbs!!

The big milestone this month (actually it happened shortly after I posted the 5 month update) is... teeth! Both front bottom teeth, to be exact! (I guess to be really exact, they are called central incisors. I do not know teeth names.) I didn't even know they were coming until, well... they were there. I do remember on a Sunday morning E. woke up wailing - which is extremely unusual for her. She is always happy and smiley when she wakes up. But this particular morning she woke up quite unhappy, and she wouldn't open her eyes and seemed sensitive to light. Her face was all puffy, too. My first thought was, Oh boy, here we go. E's first sickness. We took her temperature, and it was only very slightly elevated. And like the first-time mother dealing with her first child's first sickness, I thought, OhmyGod she has meningitis she is going to die we have to go to the emergency room!!!! Ahem. Don't laugh. After frantically texting my bestie O. (who is on her second child, so has a much more level head), who reassured me it was 99.9% likely NOT meningitis (stop laughing), I managed to calm down a bit. After nursing her, she fell back asleep for a few hours, and woke up in a much better mood, seemingly feeling better. So, I didn't think much of it, until about 3 days later when E. was munching on a toy, and I caught a flash of white in her mouth! So, that's apparently how she reacts to teeth.

You're still laughing, aren't you.

Happy 1/2 Year, E! Momma loves you lots!


1 comment:

  1. Nice tooth story! Can you believe that we're halfway through the first year??!?? What the heck happened? This is going way faster than I had planned on... How come the pregnancy takes forever?? :)

    ReplyDelete