Weight - 15.2 pounds
Height - 25.5 inches
E. is thisclose to laughing, and I cannot wait for it! I try for hours on end to get a giggle out of her, but sometimes I think I'm just not funny enough. (She does give me plenty of what the heck are you doing, crazy lady?! looks, though!) She is sitting up with support, though I have a feeling she might be doing it on her own by month's end. She loves to stand up, whether it be on your lap, on the floor, or pretty much any hard surface that's available. She is still wearing 3 month clothing, but not for much longer, I'm thinking. E. loves her bath time, and she gets a huge kick out of splashing in her tub.
She spent her first night away from home this past weekend, too! C. and I attended a wedding in Green Bay, and E. stayed with Gma & Gpa N. on Saturday night. Gpa took her for a walk to the park down the block from their house to watch kids swimming in the pool. E. was fascinated with all of the kids playing and swimming, and I have a feeling she will be visiting that pool plenty of times when she gets older. She slept well for Gma, only waking up once at 2am when she managed to wiggle her way out of her swaddle. Gma re-swaddled her and gave her a bottle, and she went back to sleep until 6:30am.
This month also marked my return to work. The first night was so hard; I wanted to cry on my drive to work Sunday night. I also felt terrible that I wasn't going to be able to be home to wake up with her in the mornings, as I work 3rd shift and don't get home until about 8am. I think I averaged about 3-4 hours of sleep each day for my first week back to work... ugh! Needless to say, I have begun looking for a new position that doesn't involve working 3rd shift!
I am looking forward to more milestones in the next few months, and watching my baby grow into the amazing little person she will become!
No comments:
Post a Comment