7.26.2011

Summer adventures

Our first big adventure of the summer with E. was the county fair. This holds a special place in my heart because, growing up, I was involved in 4-H and spent all year preparing projects and animals to take to the fair. It was the highlight of my summer (nerd alert!), so I was excited to introduce E. to the sights and sounds of the fair.

She loved the baby goats!

Gpa N. introducing her to the animals.

After a long, HOT day at the fair, E. had all she could handle.

Our next adventure was to Devil's Lake State Park. This also holds a place in my heart, as my sisters and I would look forward to a trip to the park every year when we were younger. This state park makes for a great day trip, and is also great for camping. It has two beaches, large picnic areas, a nice swimming area, canoe, kayak and paddle boat rentals, bluffs surrounding the lake with hiking trails, and three campgrounds. I intend to carry on the tradition and take E. every year to Devil's Lake.

Hanging out with Gpa N.

(Almost) naked baby enjoying the beautiful weather.

Momma & E.

I was sure E. would love the water, seeing as she loves her bath time, and splashing in the tub. However, she was not too impressed with the lake, so we spent most of the time on the shore. The lake is a bit more overwhelming than the bathtub, I guess! Hopefully next year she will enjoy it more.

Our next summer adventure will be a day at the State Fair - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment