My sweet, silly girl - growing by leaps and bounds every day, it seems. E. is doing really well sitting up by herself, with only the occasional topple-over. We have graduated from the baby bathtub to sitting in about an inch or two of water in the "big people tub" for bath time. E. is still nursing with me, but also gets formula when she is at the sitters (Gma & Gpa N, usually) while I'm at work. I still wish I could have breastfed exclusively, but I try not to beat myself up about it. I am glad to be able to still nurse what I can.
We have not introduced solids yet (not counting the cake frosting Aunty L. snuck her a few months back, and the ice cream Daddy introduced her to, and the yogurt Gma N let her sample.... ok, so I have not officially introduced her to solids yet?!). Our plan is to wait until after her 6 month doctor appointment, and get the OK from Dr. K, then we will probably start. Her 6 month appointment is not until the beginning of November, and she will turn 7 months a few days later, so we will most likely wait until then. It should be interesting!
Unofficial stats for this month are:
Weight - 19 lbs (that can't be right.)
Height - 26 in (that can't be right either. That means she shrunk from last time.)
Ok, these are VERY unofficial!
She is almost exclusively in 12 month clothing, as that is the only size where the pants are long enough - she is definitely going to have my "can't find pants long enough" issue. Poor girl! Which reminds me, have you ever shopped at Once Upon A Child? It is a great baby/children's consignment shop that buys and sells gently used clothing. I just bought E. about 7-8 Baby Gap outfits there for about 1/3 the price! They also have baby furniture, strollers, car seats, etc. It's a great store!
No comments:
Post a Comment