2.09.2012

9 Months

Ok, so I'm finally getting around to writing E's 9 month update, and she is two days away from turning 10 months. Sigh. This blog has kind of fallen by the wayside ever since right around the holidays, when life got a little hectic. Christmas was fun for us all, even though E could have really cared less about the presents... or even the wrapping paper and bows. She got a lot of interactive (read: noisy) toys, which I have to laugh because I can distinctly remember saying to myself a few years back, 'When I have children, they are NOT going to have any of those annoying toys that make noise and play those obnoxious songs.' Oh, little old naive me.

Right after fun Christmas, came not-so-fun Losing My Job. Yep. Not so fun. The company I worked for decided to make it mandatory this year for all employees to receive the flu shot. I did not receive the flu shot. Therefore, buh bye. Ok, there is LOTS more to the story, but it is kind of long, and probably deserves it's own post, because there is LOTS I have to say about the subject, and I don't know how much longer E is going to nap, so.... I'll save that for another day.

So I guess you could say I am currently a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM)! It's only temporary, because I'm not sure I could really be a SAHM. 'Cause, I get kind of overwhelmed pretty easily. And E is not even a difficult baby. Sometimes I think there is something wrong with me. But that, too, is a post alllll on it's own.

Back to E:
Weight - 21.5 pounds (85%)
Height - 30 inches (92%)

She has 8 teeth, 4 uppers and 4 lowers. She LOVES any kind of pasta, and raspberries and blackberries. We are still nursing, though only a few times a day. She cruises along the furniture like a pro, and just in the last few days she has started cruising one-handed, and standing for brief seconds on her own. I can't wait to see her take her first steps all on her own! In the last month she started saying Dad-Dee, and something resembling Kitty, I think (Thit-Thee?). I can say, "Where's Momma's nose/mouth/eye?" and she can point them out on my face.

I cannot believe that in two months we will be celebrating her first birthday. How time has flown!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like we got the tall babies!

    By the way, there's nothing wrong with you if you get overwhelmed easily. It happens to me quite frequently, and even more so when I am more sleep deprived than usual. I don't think I could be a full-time SAHM either; I would need at least a part-time gig. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete