My little girl is not-so-little anymore! This month, E. weighed in at 16 lb, 10 oz (92%) and 26.5 in (95%). She barely fits into 6 month clothes; I have been buying mostly 9-12 month clothes for her!
Her next big accomplishment has been... going to bed without a swaddle! This feels like more of an accomplishment for C. and I, actually - I had begun to think that we would be driving to her dorm room at college to swaddle her every night! I did some searching on the internet and read some forums about other mommas who swaddled their babies, and how long they did it. The majority said their babies "let them know" they were done being swaddled around 5-6 months, so I figured I had a few months to go. However, a few weeks ago E. started fussing when we swaddled her at night (she usually seemed to really like it; she would calm down if she was fussy or agitated), and a few nights in a row she woke up several times with her arms and/or legs out of the swaddle. I decided that E. was telling us that she didn't need to be swaddled anymore, so we tried putting her to bed without it. The first night was a little rough; she woke up almost every two hours, and I had to go into her room, give her a pacifier, and stroke her while saying "Shhhh" for a few minutes before she would calm down. At times I would barely make it out of her room when she would begin to cry again. But as the week went by, she settled into her brand new sleeping freedom, and these days she wakes up once or twice wanting her pacifier and she will go right back to sleep. It's funny how she went from sleeping through the night very early on, to waking up a few times at night. Well, it's not funny, actually. (Though I bet those of you whose babies didn't sleep through the night early on are not feeling sorry for me at all!) Everyone kept saying, "Enjoy that while it lasts, because it's not going to!" Looks like they were right. *Sad face*
E. is cooing, gurgling, shrieking and smiling like crazy these days! I love it! She is also DROOLING like crazy, which I don't love so much. Bibs are now a permanent wardrobe staple. I totally get those people who say their lives now consist of just sitting around, looking at their baby all day. That's me. She is so entertaining, and she makes me laugh every day. I love her so much!
I'm glad you were able to break the swaddle! I think the same thing about Weston--going to his dorm room to wrap him up all snug when he's 18. We've tried doing one arm out a nap time and that seems to be going okay, but at night, he needs the whole swaddle show. Glad things are going well!
ReplyDelete